Pages

Friday, November 07, 2008

another twilight post

Sorry for the non-fans out there. And for the record, I am not an obsessed fan. I consider myself a mildly interested consumer. I haven't even decided if I'm going to see the movie when it comes to theater because I can't imagine that its going to be very good. (Don't worry, I am sure I will see it eventually.)

Now that that is out of the way, back to my story:

Over Halloween at World Market they had some "Vampire" wine on display. It wasn't a real hot seller during my Wednesday night shifts but one night a girl spotted it and said she HAD to buy it for her Twilight Premiere Party. I thought it was funny, so of course I bring it up anytime anyone talks about the wine. (I, of course, have no intention of purchasing the wine but I did think it was kind of clever idea.)

This past Wednesday one of my co-workers stopped me in the middle of my telling this novel use of the wine (I'm so punny!) and my Twilight endorsement to say that she thought that as a Southern Baptist I couldn't read books about vampires and such. (Obviously, I haven't been very thorough in my missionary work. I guess I'm gonna have to work on that.)

I quickly corrected her, telling her that I am actually member of the LDS church. And while Mormons may not drink or smoke or swear, we LOVE us some teenage vampire drama. (I realize it's not just a Mormon thing- but there is a serious following from women in the church.) And if she were to read the series (like I may have suggested a few times in passing) she would know that it is not really about evil vampires... it focuses on the follow-your-moral-compass kind of vampires. That's a type of vampire, right?

And then I might have mentioned that the author was actually a fellow Latter-day Saint. Just you know, to set the record straight.

Suffice it to say, I might start having a hard time convincing people that I'm not obsessed with the books. I've read them once. And recommended them to a few people. And maybe posted arguments on behalf of a certain character on my blog a few times. And sometimes when I see a pregnant woman I imagine her baby clawing its way out of the uterus. No biggie.

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Maybe we can see the movie over Thanksgiving. 143

Marissa said...

I'm accidentally going on opening w/my friends to the 10 o'clock showing, yes I'm 31, but I still get zits so I think I can pass for a Teen Twilight Fanatic.

Serena said...

I just finished the first book and it got SO good at the end that I was mad I didn't already have the 2nd one.