Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Wake Wives

I should have posted this right after it happened back in October... but I wasn't the faithful blogger that I am now. And I didn't have my steady following yet (thanks, mom) so that's why I'm a little behind.

ANYWAY, One of the wives of one of Regan's fellow classmates started a wives support group back at the beginning of the semester. I like to call our group "Wake Wives". Regan calls us the First Wive's Club... funny reg.

I volunteered to host our third meeting... and perhaps got a little party happy. The theme was "Favorite Things" based loosely on the idea of Oprah's annual favorite things episode. Each person was supposed to bring an apetizer and some great new thing they have discovered to share with the rest of us. I also conned my new friend Tiffany to give some make-up tips at the end. (Tiffany does hair and make-up professionally. She even worked on the set of HS Musical... and various other movies. So she knows what she's talking about. On another side note, Tiffany gave me my new haircut that I LOVE.)

I emailed invitations that I made on PAGES. I've really been getting into it and so any excuse to build my fake portfolio is reason enough for me. (I will have to post my Evite later.) I thought the party was a success... at least I know that I had a great time.

PICTURED:
a. In the first picture is my table before there was any food on it. Looks a little scant, if you asked me but my options were limited.
b. In the second is almost everyone that was there. (From left to right: Me, Crystal, Meghan, Tiffany, and Anna)
c. Third picture is just after we showed our fav. t
hings and are begining the make-up demo. (Crystal, Janet, and Anna)
d. This is Tiffany and our demo model, Meghan.

Edit: Here is my invitation that I am so proud of: (sorry, had to black out my address. my fans are just getting a little too crazy)


2 comments:

Todd said...

Lindsay
It sounds like you had a lot of fun. You make friends so easy and are so easy to get along with. How fun!! I love your blog. Todd and I are just beginning. Everything is out of order. We might get it together someday? Meg

Chrissi said...

Linds! You are so freakin cute! I love the invitation and the whole idea. Very very adorable. Makes me miss you just that much more!