Anyway, it's a good thing my tacos were so good because I BOMBED in the kitchen on Sunday. And not in the "I am the bomb" good way. Seriously guys, it was B-A-D. You are all shocked right? I'll admit to making my fair share of convenience dinners, over cooking something a little, undercooking, etc... but I really don't think I've had any major kitchen catastrophies in the 2+ years that I've been married-until now. Two rubbery chicken breasts + a failed attempt at substituting missing ingredients + freezer burned broccoli may not sound like the worst thing ever (I know I've eaten things that were grosser before) but in combination it left MUCH to be desired. And does anyone know how to tell if mushrooms have passed their prime? If dark spots are a bad sign, add that to my tab. oops.
Fortunately for my pride, I was the first one to acknowledge the misfortune. At first Regan tried to say he didn't notice the freezer burn. By the end we both just kept saying, "Man that was a really bad dinner." For some unknown reason we still choked it down but then we were "forced" to replace the lingering aftertaste with Blue Bunny chocolate ice cream. And that was almost worth the worst meal ever. Seriously people, get on the blue bunny train, already.
Any one else out there ever have any kitchen mishaps lately?
4 comments:
Holy crap, the curse of the uncooked tortillas!! I went to five - count 'em - FIVE different grocery stores this past weekend trying to find uncooked tortillas! (For the record, Harris Teeter, Lowe's, Costco, Fresh Market, and Wal-Mart do not carry them.) I was just about to write a blog post about it. Seriously! Good to know they have to be smuggled into NC. I'll add that to my list of NC quirks...
Kitchen mishaps...not exactly cooking, but today I was filling up my water filter (to attempt to get rid of the nasty taste of NC water) and I don't know what happened, but while it was filling up, it tipped over and you'd think all the water would go in the sink. Instead it went ALL over the counter and my kitchen floor. Nice.
HAHAHAHA not quite so crazy, but the other day I decided to make chicken noodle soup from scratch and I put the chicken to boil while I ran somewhere (can't remember where now). I told Saduq to turn it off when he left the house if I wasn't home. He didn't think it was a big deal to leave it on low, and when I came home, our landlords were there (they had planned on coming over to do something) and they said that something was on the stove and all they saw was the pan was totally black and the house was filled with smoke. Apparently, all the water evaporated out of the pan and just burnt. I think he learned his lesson.
Miss you!
Ha Ha. THe first week we were married I made some hamburgers with bad meat and got sick all night.
Thats crazy about the tortillas. I have bought them at every grocery store here in good old UT. One more reason you should move back to Utah when you are done with school.
Post a Comment