Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

NYC- help!

Regan and I are using some left over delta vouchers to head to NYC in a couple of weeks. 
It has been years since either of us have been so I'm looking for suggestions. 

Any tips? (Places to go, things to see, food to eat?)


4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

The New York Public library is really cool and free.
What are you interests?

Lindsay Marie said...

Several people have mentioned the NY Public library. I'm adding it to my list.

I'm interested in good food? discount tickets?obviously, trying to do the trip on the cheap... but other than that i'm not sure what all i want to do. perhaps some haggling with street vendors?

Suzie Soda said...

Bargain for a cute purse. We ate once on I think it is 20th st where there are early bird dinners before show time that were a good deal. Google early bird dinners and maybe it will come up. We had a steak dinner with really great entertainment for a pretty good NYC price when I went with shelece, chels and kalisi. you could email shelece..she lived there for at least a year.

also email carlie your cousin.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

good food. holy holy holy good food. i love NYC just for that reason. and some others. :) Here's a short list and if you want more ideas, let us know. :)

http://www.luparestaurant.com/ - incredible Italian. go for lunch so it's more affordable.

http://www.clintonstreetbaking.com/ - you must get their pancakes. MUST. don't go on a weekend unless you have 2 hours to wait in line.

http://www.grimaldis.com/ - it will ruin all other pizza for you. it's fun to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and go here. If you go, there is an ice cream shop down the road by the pier that is amazing. http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/brooklyn-ice-cream-factory/

and around the corner the other way is a great French pastry shop. hello croissants! http://www.almondinebakery.com/

http://shakeshack.com/ - I don't like burgers and I may or may not have gone here 4 times in one week.

http://www.twolittleredhens.com/ - I like their cupcakes better than the famous Magnolia's.

If you like Indian food, Yuva is very good [our Indian friends took us there once]. It’s on the Upper East Side. http://www.yuvanyc.com/

Serendipity is fun [make reservations and then come back] and their frozen hot chocolate really is good.

The Guggenheim is one of my favorite museums.

OK, I'll stop. :)