I found a job. Horray! I can't believe that I found a job so perfect for such a short amount of time. Briefly, I thought I was going to have to go back to NC to work at my real job. (My boss found some work for me, which was totally nice, but I was dreading being there by myself and driving back and forth every weekend.) But, somehow things have a way of working out at the last minute for Regan and me. You'd think we'd be better with the whole patience thing. (We're getting there.)
Actually, I just finished my first week and so far so good. I am "babysitting" for a family that lives like a mile from my parents house. I say "babysitting" in quotes but the family has three girls: twin ten year-olds and a twelve year-old... so its not really babysitting. More like, hanging out, making sure they do their chores, and driving them to whatever fun activity we have planned for the day. It is so much fun. So far we have gone to the pool, ice skating, the library, and the park for a picnic/mini hike. Today is baking day... we are going to walk to the grocery store and then make homemade pizza. I may just decided to never go back to my other job.
Regan's job is going well, too. It sounds like he has gotten to do some cool stuff. Today he is at the prison... he told me not to be too surprised if he doesn't come home. Everyday I am amazed at how different his days are. I am sure it is a welcome change from classes.
Oh, while I'm in the mode of updating, I guess I will mention that I started wearing my retainers again... haha, yes I know you were all dying to know. It was pretty rough the first couple of nights because my teeth have shifted quite a bit... but the jaw pain that I was having has mysteriously disappeared, so that is good. I'm still not any better at talking with them in... but I think I sound THO THO THEXY. I just feel like I am getting so in touch with my middle school past. Hanging out at Skate Nation, wearing retainers, spending lots of time with 5th and 6th graders, etc. (Did I mention that they are also girl scouts? We can REALLY relate.)
5 comments:
You are funny, I'm glad that you are having a good time, it sounds so fun! While you are there go to WaWa's for me (I think that's what it's called) everyone here is raving about it.
Yay for super easy jobs. It's like the after school program but with older, better behaved kids. And less of them. Sounds like a great deal.
About Reg going to prison- ask him if he feels like Elle Woods when he talks to inmates through the glass. That's how I feel when I have to go see my clients, except I never bring them presents. Just papers to sign and whatnot.
Also, thanks for commenting on my last blog. You are so right in what you said. I think I was just really down since I feel like all my friends are leaving and my family is so freakin far away. You really made me think and it made me feel a lot better. Also, it made me miss you more. Let's talk soon friend. You can even wear your retainers when we talk- a love a lispy Lindsay :)
I think you're tho tho thexy all the time. Try a green facial mask. It really ups the ante.
Congratulations on the new job! I am sure that you are the best "babysitter" out there! We sure miss you guys. It is nice to hear that everything is going well. Good luck with the whole retaitner thing. I still get to wear my mouthguard when I sleep! I feel tho tho thexy as well!
haha, that's so funny linds. I don't dare put my retainer back in my mouth because it would be very very very painful and embarrathing. I'm glad you found a job. I'll be in Richmond July 7-17. I think we'll take a little trip up to Baltimore sometime during the last few days, but other than that I'll be at home. I definitely want to see you. I'll be very free, so let me know what your schedule is like. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment